Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 20 January 2009

    Franz Ferdinand Play Heaven

    This was the opening concert of the NME Awards Shows, a series of gigs leading up to the music mag's annual ceremony in February.
    Heaven was a venue I'd not shot at before, a rarity for me in London, and I have to say it's pretty poor photography wise. The stage is extremely high, so when shooting from the pit you're right under the artists noses. I actually photographed the support, US band Of Montreal, from the crowd as the angle was much better and got good photos (see below).



    But for Franz's show I was down the front, so it harder to get decent frames. The light was non existent for much their opening tracks, with little pockets of blasts of colour that we had to get our shots from. I managed to get some reasonable shots in during these brief periods, but I expect I'll try and capture the band again when they play at a bigger venue in a month or two.






    www.samirhussein.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment