Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 11 January 2009

    Chris Brown Plays The 02 Arena

    What a mission!
    I had planned to travel to the O2 Arena via my usual route on the underground - the Northern line from Camden, changing onto the Jubilee line at London Bridge to take me to the Arena. Problem was, unbeknown to me the Jubilee line was closed and with no replacement buses and little time to get the concert I jumped in a taxi. 25 minutes later the O2 Arena was in site, but we were stuck in bad traffic as everyone was also obviously arriving by car or bus due to the Jubilee line's closure. With time running out I decided to get out and run the rest of the way with my heavy camera gear, which took a further 15 mintues. I just about made it in time, only to hear we only had 2 songs to photograph the gig and encounter perhaps the loudest screaming from fans I've heard at a concert.
    But with all this in mind, I was pleased with my set of photos.







    Getting back home wasn't much easier. I was told getting a boat was the best option of getting to central London. Well, if this was the best option, it didn't feel like it as I waited for 30 mins for a boat and then spent a further half an hour traveling along the Thames to London Bridge. All together my journey time came to 3 hours, using tube, boat, taxi and a knackering jog. I'm just glad I was able to leave the concert before the 14,000 strong crowd tried to make their way home.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment