Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 9 January 2009

    A Celebration of The Bee Gees

    A very long night, but one which in the end paid off with some good photos. The night was a charity black tie event with various artists playing Bee Gees songs. After an two hours stood outside in freezing temperatures to cover some rather dull arrivals, I gained access to the event inside.
    I was given time to get pics of a pregnant Mel C, who was accommodating and friendly, Robin Gibb, who being a Bee Gee was the host of the night and Lulu, who I only learnt on the night used to be married to Maurice Gibb of The Bee Gees.





    Following this there was another big wait as the audience, who'd paid big money to be here, sat down to a meal and auction. Being a charity event there weren't any free drinks - usually one of the upsides of covering events like this for photographers - so myself and the other photographer covering the acts, music photographer Awais Butt, took to taking photos of wine glasses. Here was my best effort.



    Anyway, three hours later we got to shoot the artists performing. Mel C was in good form.



    But the best photos came at the finale when all the artists took to the stage and I got some nice shots of Lulu with Mel C and Robin Gibb amongst others.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment