Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 21 October 2008

    Tony Curtis Book Signing & Nokia Party

    I began the today photographing Hollywood legend Tony Curtis, who was doing a book signing at Harrods. Curtis looked old and frail, understandable for a man well in his 80s, but still seemed to have a good sense of humor about him



    Later that night I popped down to Bloomsbury Ballroom for a Nokia party. Plenty of guests arrived, including Martine McCutcheon and model Keeley Hazell (below), but the main name on the guest list was Paris Hilton. The PR assured us she'd be arriving, so we hung around as the party drew out, only to get regular messages saying she'd been held up. Three hours passed before the PR conceded she'd rang to say she couldn't make it. What a wasted evening. I can't stand Paris anyway and it really grated that I'd hung around for someone I have no appreciation for. Undoubtedly one of the downsides to my job is having to photograph celebs, who have little or no talent and who masquerade around as if they're some incredible person, because they're likely to fill magazine pages and newspapers pages.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment