Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday 1 April 2008

    Youssou N'Dour Plays The Indig0 2

    The gig I nearly missed, despite arriving two hours early. I'd come down to the O2 Arena in good time to catch Manchester United playing Roma in the Champions League in a bar, knowing that Youssou N'Dour was due to come on stage a good 30 minutes after the game had finished.
    Photographers had given a start time of 10pm by the PR, and I was casually chatting with two other snappers when I collected my pass around 9.40pm. Our relaxed demeanor soon changed however as we were given our pass and told Youssou had already started, forcing us to run into the venue, make our way to front of stage, quickly set up our cameras and start taking pictures instantly.
    Thankfully, we still had a couple of songs left of our allotted time, which proved enough time to get some good shots, not least because of Senegalese legend Youssou being so into his music, dancing around and pulling some photogenic poses.
    Other photographers were not so lucky, arriving just before 10pm, and having half a song to shoot the concert.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment