Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday 18 April 2008

    The Camden Crawl - Day 1

    My day started with an email from the PR at the Camden Crawl asking if I could come and cover a secret lunchtime Enter Shikari MySpace gig. The band have a reputation for staging some of the craziest live gigs around, and it's through this and MySpace that they have build such a large, mainly teenage, following.
    Their show, played in front of around 150 people in the Bull n Gate in Kentish Town, didn't disappoint. The lead singer started the gig by saying: "I'm going to be careful not to stage dive today - there's too many expensive cameras in the front row." Within 30 seconds of the band getting going however, he'd hurled himself into the crowd to jump around madly.
    Enter Shikari's music is too heavy for my liking, but they certainly put on an exhilarating live show (bottom photo). I was so close to the stage for most of the gig, that it become tricky to capture the movement and action, even with a wide angle lens. I got some better results though, when I moved to the side and back of the excitable crowd.
    The rest of the Camden Crawl was an enjoyable migration from one venue to another to catch the huge choice of live acts on show. With an obvious eye on selling my photos, I tended to stick to the more established and breaking names such as Sam Sparro (second bottom photo), Robyn (second top photo) and Does It Offend You, Yeah? (top photo). Having a pass allowing me to skip all queues was massively handy and meant I had time to duck into venues to check out bands I wasn't shooting around to catch up with friends around Camden.








    No comments:

    Post a Comment