Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 3 April 2008

    Cocktails, Proud Gallery And Ali Campbell

    A really busy day, and one in which I should have called upon one of the numerous offers I get to assist me with my photography. It started with lugging two incredibly heavy tungsten lights into central London to do some shots of cocktails for Barcadi. There's no way one person should be carrying those any great distance, let alone through a busy Oxford Circus and Regent's Street. I had to stop every 10 meters to rest, but just about made it to the bar on time, before shooting four different cocktails, all with contained single barrel Jack Daniels (bottom photo).
    I resisted the temptation to drink all four cocktails because I knew I had to get back up to Camden for the opening night of the new Proud Gallery. Celebs showed up later than expected, including Sadie Frost (middle photo), so I didn't have the chance to hang around and check out the gallery as I had to dash down to the Royal Albert Hall for a one-off concert from lead singer of UB40, Ali Campbell.
    Despite us only being there for three songs, the middle-aged seated crowd didn't take kindly to photographers photographing in front of the stage, so in order to get a better view a few of them leaped up and came up to stand beside us. Before Ali Campbell had finished his first song, I was surrounded by a crowd of around a hundred people grooving away as if we weren't there. I found it quite amusing, as it didn't really impact on my being able to shoot - this was a long way from heavy moshing. He bought 80s pop star Kim Wilde on to stage for a version of 'I Got You, (top photo) which was a bit bizarre as people continued to dance away beside me. www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKemHWOtfgY





    No comments:

    Post a Comment