Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 21 February 2008

    NME Awards Show: The Gutter Twins

    Following on from the glamour and bright lights of the Brit Awards where I was helping out editing last night, The Gutter Twins, with their dark, atmospheric style proved to be a big contrast. Their NME gig at Koko, their UK debut, was amongst the worst light I'd seen for shooting. Of course, as is so often the case, after the first three alloted songs to shoot the lighting was vastly improved. I've little doubt these guys - Mark Lanegan of Screaming Trees/Queens Of The Stone Age and Greg Dulli from Afghan Whigs (photo below) - wanted to be photographed in dark, hazy light where it was very hard to make them out with the lens let alone capture a decent image. I just about had time to take three sneaky shots with a flash before the security spotted me. Still, the shots were at least usable.
    I was a bit annoyed I didn't arrive earlier, as unbeknown to me the superb Ed Harcourt was supporting. I caught the end of his solo slot, and it looked like he was having technical problems.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment