Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 18 February 2008

    Channel 4.com Usage

    It's hard to say if many of my Camden fire photos got used - I'll have to wait for my sales report - but I did stumble across this online usage on the Channel 4 website in their Pictures of the Week gallery (under the title 'Politics'?!). Most photos used in the national press seemed to pictures taken by the public on the scene as it happened.
    It's further evidence of the rise of citizen photojournalism, where the public are in the right place at the right time with their compact camera or camera phone ahead of any photographers at the location of breaking news story. The success of websites like http://www.scoopt.com/ make it relatively easy for the public of take advantage of such situations.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment