Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday 6 September 2008

    Bestival - Day 2

    Saturday turned out to be a very good day of music and shooting, but a bad day for my equipment and the weather, which continued to chuck it down in buckets.
    My laptop died hours for Winehouse (the main reason for shooting the festival), which means despite a lot of time trying to fix the screen I couldn't file my photos on the same night, which will mean a loss of potential sales.
    The surprise acts turned out to be The Specials (bottom photo) - who were a lot of fun - and Grace Jones, who proved excellent to photograph, changing costume for every song! She was followed by Hot Chip, who got into the spirit of things by wearing fancy dress (second from bottom photo) and they got the whole crowd at the main stage dancing away. Winehouse followed and was hugely disappointing. She was simply awful - not only was she 45 minutes late, she could barely sing and the huge crowd soon dispersed. I've seen and photographed her a few times and she's always produced the goods but here she looked and sounded a wreck.





    No comments:

    Post a Comment